*** Recipes Tutorials ***
- Bunch of fresh organic asparagus
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and dry asparagus very well, and chop off the hard ends. asparagus
- Once fully dried, roll each asparagus stick in the flour (the flour will NOT stick well, but try your best to coat it in the flour using your fingers). asparagus
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper well on a large plate. bread crumbs
- Whisk the egg with a fork well, then pour over the asparagus on a plate.
- Take the asparagus one-by-one and coat each one with egg using your fingers (you might want to use gloves), then roll in the bread crumbs. Another way to do it is place the egg-coated asparagus on top of the bread crumb mixture and sprinkle bread crumbs on top of it with your fingers, then pat all around it before transferring to the baking sheet.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet (you can use cooking spray). asparagus fries
- If you find the egg is making the bread crumb mixture too wet so it isn't sticking anymore, start a new mixture with the same ingredients as before and another plate and continue rolling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until asparagus are golden brown.