Chicken & Bacon Lasagna Roll Ups - love this! Added some crumbled bacon and will leave out the garlic salt next time.
- 8 lasagna pasta, cooked and drained.
- 1 pound bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 small red or yellow onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups of Parmesan Cream Sauce (link within the post)
- ½ cup mozzarella (to sprinkle on top)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (to sprinkle on top)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add 8 pieces of lasagna pasta to a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook pasta 2 minutes less than the directions on the package. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Drain pasta in strainer and lay pasta onto paper towels to dry off excess water.
- Shred chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Cut and fry bacon.
- Add diced onions and crushed garlic 3 minutes prior to baking being finished.
- Drain bacon mixture onto a plate with paper towels. (It will catch the excess fat.)
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan and seasonings.
- Divide and spread the filling onto the cooked pasta evenly.
- Add the shredded chicken onto each pasta.
- Sprinkle the bacon mixture on top of the chicken and cheese mixture. (Save some for the top after you roll up the pasta.)
- Sprinkle some Parmesan on top of the bacon and chicken.
- Spread ½ cup of Parmesan Cream Sauce on the bottom of a medium baking dish.
- Roll the pasta and put seam side facing down into the sauce that is in the baking dish.
- Cover the roll ups with the rest of the cream sauce.
- Top with pieces of bacon.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let it rest after taken out of oven for 5 to 10 minutes.