*** Recipes Tutorials ***
How To Make Fried Pickles - used siracha in my buttermilk dredge and threw a few extra spices into the cornmeal to make it more interesting. SO GOOD!! Used the same method for some jalepenos too. YUM!
Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (32 oz) dill pickle slices, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In small bowl, mix all dipping sauce ingredients until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- 2Pat pickles dry with paper towels. In shallow bowl, mix 1 cup buttermilk and 2 tablespoons pepper sauce. In another shallow bowl, mix flour, cornmeal and Cajun seasoning.
- 3In deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 350°F. Dip pickles in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture. Working in small batches, fry pickles about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels; immediately sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt.
- 4Serve fried pickles warm with dipping sauce.